Sunday, November 28, 2010

Weekly reminders!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with your families.  This is going to be a very busy week!  The students will begin a new reading lesson--I hope you saw the Weekly Reading Lesson note that was sent home this week.  You can always read the stories with your child using the Storytown Website I have posted.  We are reading from Book 2, Lesson 10.  I will continue to send home the Storytown Reading textbook on Thursdays.  The students were reminded if they do not bring the book back on Friday, they cannot bring one home the following week.  Thanks so much for your help in reminding them! 

Spelling has been going well.  We discussed CVC spelling patterns and adding 's to those words.  Antonyms were introduced too!  After some examples, I was amazed at how quickly students recognized antonyms!  The first spelling test was sent home last week.  Everyone did a great job!  If you have any questions on the Spelling curriculum, please email or call--I would love to answer your questions. 

I will be in Texas for the National Reading Conference this week so I will not be available to respond to emails or phone calls.  Have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment